• Lá na gClub Leaderboard

Cumann Lúthchleas Gael Fear Manach

St. Pat’s 1-11 Roslea 2-05

September 30th, 2012


St. Patrick’s 1-11

Roslea 2-05


St. Patrick’s produced a strong comeback to retain the U16 Championship title against Roslea at Brewster Park this evening.

Roslea appeared to be in control of the game as they led by six points midway through the second half but St. Pat’s rallied and Paul Og O’Reilly fired to the net to leave a point in it late on before Matthew McGrade forced the tie into extra time as he drove over the equaliser.

And St. Pat’s got on top in extra time to secure the title with three points dividing the sides in the end.

Roslea though started the brighter of the sides and were hungrier than their opponents in the opening half.

Conor Lynam got them off to a perfect beginning as he poked the ball to the net in the third minute although it turned into a low scoring half.

There was 16 minutes on the clock before Josh O’Dowd added a point for Roslea and Ryan Kelly for St. Pat’s and Lynam then traded points to leave it 1-02 to 0-01 in favour of Roslea at half time.

Indeed, the Shamrocks continued to have the better of things at the start of the second half and Daniel Mohan and O’Dowd tagged on points to increase their advantage to six.

But, St. Pat’s slowly began to get a footing in the game with their physicality a telling factor and with McGrade knocking over two points they were back to within three.

However, Roslea looked to have landed a hammer blow as O’Dowd slotted home from a penalty with 16 minutes to go as they moved six clear again.

Back though came the Donagh side and with Eoghan Curran and Dara O’Reilly notching points before Paul Og O’Reilly blasted to the net with three minutes to go. McGrade then tagged on the point that took the game into extra time and St. Pats were to get a grip on matters.

McGrade put the Donagh side ahead for the first time in the contest in extra time and by the break they led by two as Dara O’Reilly fired over.

A Ronan Melarkey point early in the second period then made it 1-11 to 2-05 and although Roslea tried hard they could not get the scores they needed to get back in the game as St. Pat’s saw out the remainder of the time to claim the title.

Our Sponsors