Ulster GAA Presidents Awards for Club Coaching and Games Development
Ulster GAA President’s Awards 29th November 2013
Club Coaching and Games Development Awards
Ulster GAA President Martin McAviney has put a clear focus for his 2013 Awards on Club Coaching and Games Development. He has asked that we start a process of selecting clubs for these Awards. The timeline is very tight and as such we are asking County Boards for their assistance in this process. To date it has been discussed with the Coaching Officers at the Provincial Meeting and the Games Development Managers at the recent monthly meeting. This however is an official approach to County Boards following approval at this week’s Management Committee to begin the process.
We are seeking three nominations from Counties and would like to follow this process with your assistance:
- The attached is circulated immediately to the Clubs in the County via your email contacts.
- The County Chairman, Secretary, Coaching Officer and Games Development Manager seek nominations from their clubs for this President’s Award for Club Coaching based on the submission and criteria in the application attached.
- All nominations are received by the County Committee by Friday 27th September.
- County Committee short list three clubs based on the applications and personal knowledge of the club and forward 3 nomination forms for consideration to Ulster GAA by Friday 4th October.
- Ulster GAA committee chaired by the President to include the Chairman of Coaching and Games Development, Hurling Development Manager, Provincial Games Manager, Coaching Development Manager and the Director of Coaching and Games Development will meet on the 7th October to consider the 27 nominations for County and Provincial Awards.
- The Provincial panel will select one Club from each county (County Award €1,000) and an overall winner (Provincial Award €5,000) and a ( Special Recognition or Runner up €3,000) that will be recommended to the 15th October meeting of Coiste Bannisti.
- This process incorporates the local knowledge of you the County Officials who are close to the work of each club throughout the year in this area of Coaching and Games Development.
- Ulster GAA will notify the successful club of their County Award following the October meeting and an invitation will be extended to the club to attend the President’s Award on 29th November to represent their club and county.
If you have any queries please do not hesitate to contact me on 07736349749
Is mise le meas
Dr. Eugene Young
Director of Coaching and Games Development
Ulster GAA President’s Award 2013