Cumann Lúthchleas Gael Fear Manach

The Impartial Reporter Round Up

May 18th, 2012

Lisnaskea Emmetts and Derrrygonnelly Harps are the new leaders in the Manor House SFL1 following the lastest round of fixtures last night, both sides having comfortable wins over Newtown and Tempo respectively, while their was a hug

e win for Devenish over neighbours Erne Gaels.

The leaders sit on seven points after five games played with a further four teams only one point adrift of the top two.

Lisnaskea dominated their contest with Newtown to win 3-12 to 1-08. All four goals arrived in the first half of the encounter with Paul Curran, Niall McElroy and Johnny Woods rattling the back of the net for the Emmetts while the home side’s three pointer came from Shane Leonard.

Lisnaskea continued to have the better of things arfter the interval and with Curran, Brian Og Maguire and Daniel Kille all landing points they finished up convincing victors on the night.

Derrygonnelly also had a good win as they saw off the challenge of Tempo, 2-14 to 0-10.

Tempo had started brightly with Damian Kelly and Ryan Keenan notching the opening points of the game but it was Der

rygonnelly who took control as the half progressed with Paul Ward, Ryan Jones and Conal Jones firing over points.

And the Harps then bagged their first goal of the game seven minutes before half time with Cormac Glynn coolly dummying Tempo goalkeeper Stephen Jackson before clipping the ball to the net.

The lively Ward was to add further points for Derrygonnelly in the first half and by the break they led 1-10 to 0


When Ward netted the home side’s second goal midway through the half it finished the Tempo challenge as the Harps eased their way to the victory.

Belcoo are starting to find their feet this season as they followed up Sunday’s win over Newtown with a five point win over Ederney, 2-08 to 0-09.

Ederney had held a two

point advantage at half time, 0-06 to 0-04. St. Joseph’s had registered the opening four points of the game, two each from Enda Ferris and Darren McCusker, before Belcoo replied with Eoin Leonard, Paul McGrath (2) and Johnny Feeley chipping over scores.

However, Chris Snow and Ferris banged over the las two scores of the half for Ederney to give them the upperhand at the interval.

A Paul McGrath penalty though pushed Belcoo ahead for the first time in the contest and although St. Joseph’s responded to leavel matters, a fortunate second Belcoo goal that was spiled into the net by the Ederney goalkeeper put the O’Rahillys back in charge.

And Feeley then landed the insurance point for Belcoo, who had five points to spare at the finish.

Roslea and Teemore played out a draw in their encounter, 0-09 to 2-03. Roslea were two up at half time 2-02 to 0-06 with the Roslea goals coming from the Lynch brothers, L
Barry Owens had the better of his tussle with Seamie Quigley over the course of the hour but Teemore will rue a series of wides in a second half which they dominated. John Fitzpatrick, Declan Drumm and Gerry Quinlan did kick points for Teemore on the night as they registered their second draw of the campaign.iam and Shane.

Finally, Devenish recorded the biggest win of the night as they hammered Erne Gaels in their derby encounter, 3-13 to 0-02.

This was the Garrison side’s first victory over the season, and it proved to be emphatic as Chris O’Brien, Brendan Gallagher and Terry O’Flanagan all rattled the back of the Belleek men’s net

Our Sponsors