FHEAR MANACH CHAMPIONSHIP REGULATIONS
1. All championships are organised on the open draw system.
2. All Championship fixtures will be played at venues to be decided by the Committee in charge of the competition.
3. Number allowed into dressing rooms:
Players – 24; Officials – 6 (inclusive of Club Chairman, Secretary and Medical Officer); TOTAL = 30.
4. Dress: Jerseys to be properly numbered in accordance with the official list. Players to be numbered in accordance with the programme – an exception will be made only in the case of a valid withdrawal; such withdrawal to be notified, in advance, to the Committee in charge of the fixture.
5. Punctuality: Teams are instructed to take the field 10 minutes before the starting time (for photographs and warm-up) and 15 minutes where a parade is involved. Teams to take instructions from Team Steward re kick about before the game. (See Rule 3.1 T.O. 2007 – Rules of Specification). The half-time interval should not exceed 10 minutes (see Rule 3.3 T.O. 2007 Rules of Specification).
Penalty: As per Rule 6.42 d (i) & (ii) (a), Treorai Oifigiúil, Part 1, 2009.
6. (a) Number allowed in dug outs: Strictly as in Regulation No 3 above.
(b) Substitutes to sit in the dugout or in a designated area of the stand as instructed by the organising committee. No more than three subs to be warming up at any one time. Officials, except for Bainisteoir and Maor Foirne, to remain in the dug-outs for the duration of the game.
7. (a) Parade: Where a parade is organised players should be instructed to march properly, keeping in step with the
band. Teams should march in numerical order after the captain.
Tracksuits/training tops are not to be worn during the parade.
(b) National Anthem: All players must show respect for Amhrán na bhFiann. Only the fifteen starting players to be on the field of play for Amhran na bhFiann.
8. Kick around: These are not allowed at half-time.
(a) One team official wearing the Maor Foirne bib may move along the sideline and end line to make changes and/or to give instructions to team members but must return to the dugout area immediately. This official may not interfere with play or remain behind the goal area. He can enter the field of play to give instructions to players but only during a ‘break in play’ (defined as after a score, wide ball or player down injured).
(b) A second official shall wear a distinctive jersey/bib with the word ‘BAINISTEOIR’ in clear large letters. This official can move along the sideline between the two 45s but is not permitted to enter the field of play at any time.
(c) A Team Medical Officer shall wear a distinctive jersey/bib (provided by the club). This Medical Officer shall not enter the field of play except with the prior permission of the referee. In the event of an emergency the referee is advised to delegate authority to the linesmen to assist him.
(d) Referees or other officials appointed by the Committee in charge are asked to report any incursion on the field of play. In a fixture where there is unauthorised incursion onto the field by one or more team officials, the matter may be fully dealt with in accordance with Rule 6.42 (e) T.O. (2009).
10. Water Carriers: 2 water carriers, wearing Maor Uisce bibs and positioned on the 45s, will be supplied by each club.
11. Presentation of trophy:
(a) The club should instruct its captain to have a short acceptance speech prepared, totally or part of as Gaeilge, having regard to the dignity of the occasion.
(b) The Club Committee is responsible for the safe custody of the winner’s trophy and shall be responsible for all the damage to the trophy, as determined by the Competitions Control Committee. The Competitions Control Committee is responsible for all the engraving on a trophy. In no circumstances should a club undertake, or have undertaken, repairs to any trophy.
12. Match Programme: Teams to be provided for the programme 3 working days before the game and to be correct. Failure to submit a correct team without genuine reason, or outside the time limit, will result in the following penalty.
Penalty: £100 fine.
Names of players to be provided in Irish and in English, and all the full names of all 24 players to be included.
13. Video: Any Club seeking to video a game must seek permission in writing from the secretary of Coiste Chontae Fhear Manach.
14. Penalties: Penalties will be imposed by the Competitions Control Committee. Clubs will be informed in writing by the Competitions Control Committee of any breaches in regulations, and the penalties incurred, within seven days of the fixture. Fines to be paid to the County Treasurer within 12 days of the fixture.
Procedure for substitutions
For normal substitutions
A team wishing to make a substitution may do so only during a break in play as deemed by the referee
The team wishing to make the substitution must present to the 4th official a slip of paper which clearly shows the number and the name of the player going off and the number and name of the player going on. Failure to present this to the 4th official will mean that no substitution will be permitted by the match officials.
The team wishing to make the substitution must ensure that the player who is coming on is within the substitution zone before the linesman notifies the referee that a substitution is to be made.
A substitute will not be permitted on to the field of play until the player coming off is within 10 metres of the line.
For temporary (blood substitutions)
A temporary substitution may only be made after the required signal has been given by the referee.
A team wishing to make a temporary substitution must present to the 4th official a slip of paper which clearly shows the number and the name of the player going off and the number and name of the player going on. This may be completed after a temporary substitution has made his way on to the field.
A team wishing to replace the temporary substitute with the original player must present to the 4th official a slip of paper which clearly shows the number and the name of the player going off and the number and name of the player going on. Failure to present this to the 4th official will mean that no substitution will be permitted by the match officials.