Health & Wellbeing
County Health and Wellbeing Committee
County Health and Wellbeing Committee Background
As per motion passes at congress 2013, each county from the 1st January 2014 to put in place a County Health and Wellbeing committee.
Fermanagh County Board set up this committee.
- To assist the county board and the clubs in identifying and responding to the Health and wellbeing needs of our members in a planned and appropriate manner, both directly through appropriate GAA programmes and by way of signposting to the partnering with relevant local services providers for training/education delivery.
- Liaise with Provincial Council and Croke Park for support, direction and assistance.
- The County Health and wellbeing Committee shall put in place an action plan over a 2/3 year period.
- The committee will liaise with relevant outside agencies and engage their assistance in delivering the action plan.
- This committee will make available resources to clubs to promote health, as provided by Ulster Council, Croke Park and other external Statutory, Voluntary, or Community agencies.
- This committee will provide support, advice and signposting to clubs on health related matters.
- The committee will present a report on the work of the committee at County Committee meetings.
- Damien McHugh (Chairperson)
- Ann Curran (Secretary)
- Denise McCallion(Belcoo)
- Theresa McNabb (County GDM Officer)
- Keith Reilly (Acting GDM)
- Aine Martin (Lisnaskea)
Contact Damien by E-MAIL: email@example.com