Fermanagh An Runai Report2015
Advice for Referees
Fergal Cleary as Chair
Harry Traynor Secretary
Noel Davis Appointments Officer
Eugene Mc Donagh
Tiernach Mahon – Fermanagh/Ulster / national
Harry Traynor – Ulster / Fermanagh
Paddy Boyle – Fermanagh / Ulster
Niall Cullen – Fermanagh
Noel Davis – Fermanagh
Martin Higgins – Fermanagh
John Mohan – Fermanagh/ Ulster
Tommy Mulrone – Fermanagh
Shane Mc Goldrick – Fermanagh
County Referee List
Club referee, s must complete the following courses to qualify for inclusion on the county referee list in any given season.
- Attendance or proof of completion of a Foundation or In Service course
- Medical Assessment Form
- Referee registration form
- Proof of active grade as appropriate
- Confirmation of availability to referee within the county
In addition an out of county referee must provide proof of authorisation from own county board and a copy of their vetting form re- Access NI
Central Council and the Referees Development Committee have recently discussed “Additional Time” and incidental delays and following this discussion it has been agreed that Referees will add on additional time for the following:
1. Introduction of substitutes
2. Use of Hawkeye in Croke Park
3. Goalkeepers and defenders coming forward to take attacking frees and penalties.
From our research the approximate length of time taken for each of the above is
- For each break for a Substitutes(s) – 20 seconds
- Hawk Eye – 30 Seconds
- Goalkeeper/Defender coming to take an attacking free/penalty – 20 seconds
We ask that you stop your watches for each of these instances and add on the necessary additional time at the end of each half.
Also a reminder of current Additional Time Protocol
- At least one minute of additional time to be play at the end of each half
- Time should be roll up to the nearest minute, e.g. if your clock shows 1.20 additional time, at least two minutes should be played
4.2.16 Committee meeting – Donn Caragh 8pm
Feb date to be confirmed – Introduction to Refereeing course – St Michaels
13.2.16 Umpire training Course Garvaghy TBC
16.2.16 – Advisory Course in Garvaghy commencing at 7.30pm
26.2.16 In service / fitness
10.3,16 Committee – Donn Caragh
21.4.16 Foundation/ other
25.6.16 Fitness and rules pre championship – tbc
22.9.16 Committee meeting Donn Caragh
1.12.16 AGM – Enniskillen Hotel 8pm
Details of umpire courses to follow soon as available through Ulster.
just for info : –
Academy test date 13.2.16 Garvaghy 10am Rules and 11am Fitness.
Academy Workshop 20.2.16 Garvaghy at 11am for those who pass.
National Hurling at DCU on 29th and 30th – A Ferguson attending.
Please note that you are required to attend an Upskilling Course for all Ulster Referees Advisors (Hurling & Football) on Tuesday 16th February in Garvaghey at 7.30pm.
You are required to attend this course and if there any other Referees Advisors active within your county, feel free to invite them to attend.
Should you have any queries, please contact Referees Secretary, Jim O’Rourke on (00353) 87 6276190.
Subject: Meeting notes Referee Committee 4.2.16
Attendance : FC/HT/ND/MH
– no apologies.
– County Board meeting notes provided by e-mail
Rule updates sent to all.
Motion decisions following county committee meeting sent
Committee appointments confirmed.
– ulster advisory meeting update provided – next training
course in garvaghy on 13th February. ND/FC/TM /JM
attending. HT unavailable as in the UK all week.
– Croke Park appointed Tutors to deliver courses in each
county. MH and NC appointed for fermanagh.
– In Service course set for 26th February at Donn Caragh.
Patrick Doherty informed of dates but no confirmation as
Fitness test will be deferred untill March at Castle Park
Additional time guidelines issued to all referees.
– Proposals for the development course in St Michaels is
proposed for March. Referees will certificate.
– Foundation course set for 21st April in County Office but no
club proposals received yet.
– Review of 2016 registration list and gradings discussed anf
agreed. HT to notify all where relevant.
– Review of current advisor list – no responses from P.Boyle or
T.Mulrone so bothdropped of panel. Active in 2016 will be –
HT/TM/ND/FC/JM. Need to recruit more individuals.
– date of next meeting on schedule issued to all.